Need ur suggestion

mka

I hav planned to buy a home based gym equipment like treadmill or orbit track (cycling eqp.) for home use... Becoz I want to reduce around 15 kgs thats y... I dnt hav any knowledge about this... so any one pls give me d suggestion whether i go for tread mill or orbit track?? ... (once i was fell down on ground due to dat im having little knee pain when i used often to go upstairs , so i `ve little scare abt cycling) ... Im expecting ur valuable suggestion .... which one best for reducing d weight quickly as much as possible..

Last edited:

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
If you are not comfortable with cycling, go for treadmill. But you keep slow speed during the beginning period. Don't switch on to higher speeds before you are comfortable in slow speeds. And also don't increase the speed at once even you feel comfortable in slower speeds. Gradually increase the speed in the interval of fifteen to thirty days practise in a particular speed. If you feel discomfort immediately stop and take rest by laying flat on the ground. Be conversant with the controls before using this treadmill. Before all that you consult you physiotherapist for his valuable guidance. Before buying consult a physiotherapist. thank you

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi mka,

It is better to go for Treadmill than for Orbitrek.

Please buy ELECTRICAL TREADMILL instead of Mechanical Treadmill. Because in mechanical, your body will have to strain too much. This is not advisable for our health.

In Electrical treadmill, there is no strain. Your knee will not at all be affected in this.

Always, when you use Treadmill, you should start with minimum speed, then gradually increase the speed little by little in intervals, then in a certain speed (in which you are comfortable, and not straining too much), continue for 20 minutes, then again gradually reduce the speed and finally stop the Treadmill.

Immediately after you start, you should not go in a high speed and stop from that speed.

Along with this, only your diet plan will help you to reduce your weight.

Orbitrek (cycling) may affect your knees.

mka

oh... really thank u so much fr ur suggestion... Dis would be very useful one fr me..:humble: