normal delivery possibilities for second pregnancy

hi dears

i am 23 weeks pregnant. this is my 2nd pregnancy. my first delivery was cesarian. i suffered lot due to cesarian. this time i don't want to go for cesarian. but friends said if first delivery is cesarian, there is no possibility for normal delivery second time. i am very much worried. can't i deliver my 2 baby through normal delivery?

priya ravi

Friends's of Penmai
Hi

Need not worry.. VBAC , vaginal birth after c section is already in place and safe too.. u can go ahead with normal delivery regardless of whether the first one was c section or normal, except for these cases where baby weight is above 3.4 kg ( tearing of internal stitches possible from earlier c-section) , pre eclampsia ( high blood pressure ) or any other medical complications at the last moment ( cord around the neck etc )

please check and discuss about VBAC with ur doctor and she might help u further on this.. Also inform her the causes of why first one turned out c section.. Good luck to u

btw, mine both of them were c section. second one , we ( doctor and myself ) were hoping on normal , but bcoz of increased baby weight at the last few weeks, we had to carry out c section 2 weeks before due date..

and one more quick tip, c section recovery would be painless and easy , as long as u get out of the bed quickly and be active..

thanks for clearing my doubt priya. 1st baby was c section because cord surronded babys head. i will ask to the doctor about the possibility of normal deliver like what you said as vbac.

did they will hesitate vbac? just my question.