- Dec 2, 2011
Play and Teach the Toddlers, while you work
Once when the baby grows from an infant to a Toddler, we need to keep them engaged all the time , when they are awake.
We also need to finish our household works.
The naughty mischiefs by the toddler may abstain you from the work to be done.
In order to tackle this, we can follow the below tactics, so that we could finish our works along with the help of our toddler, which also seems to be a play for them.
- While you are cooking, keep them also engaged by giving them all the light weight utensils.
- You can tell the names of them and ask them to repeat. You can name the specific utensil as it is used for specific purpose and they will also learn about them.
- While preparing the dough for Rotis, you can give them some dough and ask them also to knead them with different shapes, as they like. This will surely strengthen their fingers.
- Once they make different shapes, you can name them and thus they will understand the shapes.
- Later, you can ask them to color those shapes along with your guidance. Please make sure, that they do not eat it after coloring.
- When you start cleaning your house, you can take their help also. Ask them to keep specific colored products on one side of the table. And specific shaped products on the other side of the table. Through this, they will come to learn to distinguish the colors and shapes.
- Toddlers of today are also not left without the computers. So, you can utilize this for their creativity. Ask them to draw , whatever they wished in the system. Through this, they are developing the drawing skills and your walls will be saved from their scribbles.
- For the same purpose, you can also use Hanging Blackboards. You can place them on each side of the wall.
- Tell them all kind of stories, especially, our puranas, while they are eating. The same story can be asked to be repeated by them, while they tend to sleep. This will surely make them eat fast and sleep quickly.
- While you fold the dried clothes, you can take their help. You can teach them the way of folding it, so that they would learn . After this, while you keep them in it’s original place, you can ask them, by the colors of the clothes, to give it to you. This will make them learn about the colors and shapes, design etc.
Through all these activities, they will also learn to keep the things in the original place and not keep the house shabby.