Powder Milk for Baby

hi madam
my son is going to complete 1 year by next month. when should i stop giving him giving powder milk and feed proper cow's milk?

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Hi

My Doctor told me there is nothing wrong with cows milk,

there is nothing stopping them having it from 6 months, BUT babies need SO much iron (almost as much as an adult!)

Formula have all the extra vitamins and iron a baby will need in conjunction with a healthy diet.

My girl stayed on formula till she was 15 months. She did have cows milk from 6 months in cereal (porridge, weetabix etc) and in cooking cheese sauces etc.

This was recommended by Doctor. Good luck, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Parijatham

Commander's of Penmai
Penmai's Cheerers
Registered User & Blogger
hi madam
my son is going to complete 1 year by next month. when should i stop giving him giving powder milk and feed proper cow's milk?
dear friend... you should stop giving powder milk regularly. you can use cow's milk. its better than powder milk. nothing wrong in giving cows milk to the baby. but please check with milk provider. some persons will mix packet milk with cows milk and they circulate it. this kind of milk is not good for children.

now your child is 1 yr old so you can give solid foods like rice, idly, egg etc to them. are you breastfeeding to your kid? if so you can cont it to six more months. it will gives great strength to your son.

you can give him fruits, fruit juices, cooked lentils, sundals, cooked vegetables, egg...

reduce the milk count (cows milk/powdermilk) for the day and practice him with the solid foods, fruits and vegetables.