- Do not leave an unconscious victim alone except to call 911 for medical help.
- Assess victim’s state of awareness by asking if they are OK.
- Check the victim’s Airway, Breathing, and Circulation (ABC’s).
- If the victim’s ABC’s are not present, perform CPR. IMPORTANT: only a trained & qualified person
- should administer CPR.
- If ABC’s are present and spinal injury is not suspected, place victim on their side with their chin toward the ground to allow for secretion drainage.
- Cover the victim with blanket to keep warm and prevent shock. If victim communicates feeling warm, remove blanket.