Commander's of Penmai
- Apr 26, 2012
- The World
- Supplements of Evening Primrose oil, is one alternative therapy that has been found to be useful in alleviating hair loss caused due to thyroid imbalance. Even Aromatherapy has been found effective for such a condition, wherein essential oils of lavender, rosemary, thyme and cedar wood oil are blended and applied to the scalp to encourage hair growth.
- Bhringaraj or Brahmi oil has been used to treat hair loss due to thyroid conditions. These are applied to the scalp regularly for three months to help hair restoration. Apart from this, herbs such as Ashwagandha and Amla will be given as supplements.
- The Indian gooseberry/Amla has been consistently showing great results. Hence Amla oil is an excellent tonic for hair growth.
- The juice extracted from fresh leaves of Amarnath, can be applied to the scalp for hair growth and hair restoration.
- A paste of liquorice, made by grinding liquorice pieces with milk, adding a pinch of saffron, can be applied to the bald patches at night, before retiring to bed. This is effective for hair restoration in cases of alopecia.
- A mixture of spinach juice and lettuce, if taken up to half a litre per day, helps in hair growth.
- Another valuable home remedy is to use seeds of black pepper and lime, grind them to a fine paste, and apply it on the patches. This stimulates hair follicles to grow strong hair and promotes hair growth and helps in hair restoration.
- A decoction made from leaves of margosa tree will be useful, as it prevents hair loss and stabilizes them into their roots.
- Onions have been beneficial in patchy baldness and hair loss. The onion juice stimulates hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
- Even a good olive oil massage onto the scalp and affected area, helps conditions of mild alopecia and hair loss, promoting hair restoration.