puberty rituals

my daughter attended puberty before 3 days..pls tell me what are the rituals to do ? what are all the thing have to give at this time to make her healthy. We are vegetarians so we gave only ellu. anyother thing please guide me.

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Welcome to Penmai Yamini

Congrats to hear the news that your daughter has attained puberty.

The rituals are followed in various methods in each and every family.

So, you can follow the rituals according to your family tradition.Please ask the elders of the family. They may guide you .

This is because, in brahmin community, they do the rituals on the 4th day .

In many other community , they do the rituals on the 16th day.

The general procedures followed during this time are,

On the day , when you bring back your daughter inside the home (till that time, she will be kept aloof, in the same house), you need to make her bath with the water in which Turmeric powder is mixed. This water will be poured on her head through the Seive (சல்லடை ), by all the elders of the family.

After this, she should be brought inside the room and new dresses should be given to wear.

பின்னர் , ஒரு மணப்பலகையில் உட்கார வைத்து , அனைத்துப் பெண்களும் அந்தப் பெண்ணுக்கு ,குங்குமம் சந்தனம் பூசி , பூ வைத்து வாழ்த்துவர் .

Sweet Puttu should be done on this day, and distributed to everyone.

These are the procedures, as far as I know.

If there is any other procedure, our friends may be sharing.

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes....giving ellu is very good from now onwards. It will increase the bone strength.

Apart from this, you can give the Ulundhangali, Ulundhu nallennai urundai. These can be given very often to the girl, which will give lots of strength to the pelvic bones. Giving these, starting from these time will surely help the child.

You can give these atleast for 4 to 5 years from now.

The recipes are given in the below link. Please click them

http://www.penmai.com/forums/teenagers/46308-how-manage-handle-teenagers-4.html#post502562

http://www.penmai.com/forums/teenagers/46308-how-manage-handle-teenagers-4.html#post502570

PriyagauthamH

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi YaminiKS ,

Congrats to your daughter ....

We also follow the same rituals that Jaya ka has mentioned ...

In addition my ammamaa used to make me drink some Nallenai for a month or so ....

Also as i did not like uluthankali , alternately she made it as ulutham urundai with same ingredients .... I remember eating it as an evening snack ......

Basically give her a protein rich diet ......

Most important than all the rituals is having a good heart to heart chat about her cycles and clear her doubts and reassuring her and allaying any fear she has ..... So do spend time with her ....

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.