- Vegetables are cooling and consuming of lots of vegetables and vegetable juices are very helpful in summer.
- One should eat well during the day and less at night as the food is required in the stomach during the day time to prevent acid build up.
- Drink plenty of liquids, coconut water, butter milk, fruit juices and at least 10 glasses of water daily.
- Eat light food, avoid hot, spicy and oily foods and opt for foods high in water content including fruits, salads, soups and buttermilk.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and tea and coffee.
- Smoking should be completely avoided.
- Barley is very good for cooling the body and also good for kidneys.
- Mix barley flour in butter milk and boil. Keep it aside overnight and drink the next morning.
- Avoid sour and fried foods and also avoid vinegar.
- Nuts are heat generating and should be avoided.
Body heat for both men and women can be reduced using vitamin C based foods. Another great way to keep your body heat regulated is to be in areas which are surrounded by a lot of greens and water bodies. You should also avoid exposing yourself to the sun for long periods of time, as that can cause dehydration.
Sleep for a few hours during the day time to bring your basal temperature to the normal levels. If you have been wondering how to reduce body heat in summer, this is one of the best ways. Sandalwood paste can help you regulate your body temperature. To make this paste, you can use sandalwood powder and add rosewater to it. Mix the ingredients until they have a pasty consistency, then apply the mixture to your back, chest, neck, and face. A cold water bath every day is also good for your body.
Consume vegetarian foods as meats can produce heat inside the body. There are some people who may feel the effects of heat more than others, and if you are one of them, you will need to ensure that all measures to regulate your body temperature are taken.
Eat well during the day and consume a small meal in the night to maintain body temperature. Eat lots of foods with high water content in them to keep your organs hydrated. Avoid smoking as it tends to dehydrate you and consume lots of barley. You can add barley to dough and even add it to buttermilk to make a cooling drink. Avoid vinegar and nuts as these are acidic in nature and generate heat in the body.