remedy for cough

my baby is suffering from cough can you pls suggest some home remedies for cough. i don't want give him medicine for each and every thing. since it causes side effects. apprecite quick reply. he is 9 months old now

mahis

Commander's of Penmai
Blogger
  • One of the simplest home remedies to get rid of cough and cold is a paste of honey and basil leaves. A teaspoonful of this mixture can be given to toddlers at least twice a day to cure cold and cough. Daily consumption of basil water is also very effective in curing cold and cough.
  • Clarified butter and roasted gram flour added to a glass of warm milk is also a great home remedy for cough and cold in toddlers.
  • A warm coconut oil massage over the chest is a great remedy for cough and sore throat in children.
  • Garlic and cloves could also be used to treat the cold in children.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, ]A Few drops of ginger juice mixed with a teaspoonful of regular tea. This mixture should be given regularly first thing every morning to keep toddlers away from colds and coughs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, ]
[/FONT]

lakish

Friends's of Penmai
hi

i used to give pankaja kasthuri cough syrup ( note not breathe eazy. it is cough syrup)

it is more natural. when you taste it you can notice it is honey mixed with ginger. my daughters liked it. it usually suits them and my doctor admitted and recommended for me. i dont find any side effects bcoz it is more of ayurveda.

check it whether it can be given for 9 months old. it is written as below 2 year half teaspoon can be given.

consult your doctor for your full satisfaction

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Hi

Like our friend said coconut oil massage is good remedy but you please add camphor

Heat the oil in a large spoon and add the camphor after it gets melted in oil apply the same once it is warm on nose and chest.

This will give good relief.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.