Friends's of Penmai
- Mar 18, 2010
- Cover the stain with baby/ talcum powder. Keep it over night . Shake it off and then wash it as usual. It works well on fresh and old grease stains.
- Lay the stained area on top of a clean dry white towel. Apply rubbing alcohol to the ink stain and blot with another clean white cloth, removing the stain as you blot. Rinse thoroughly
- Pouring a can of coca-cola in the washing machine with the other soiled clothes removes the stain without any effort
- For juices, wines, coffee, tomato-based sauces and soft drinks, blot the stain with cold water. Then, sprinkle with the stain with salt so it can absorb the liquid. After a moment or two, wipe clean with club soda and pretreat for a wash cycle
- To get rid of chewing gum, rub the glob of goo with ice to harden it. Then scrape it off with a dull knife and wash.
- Club soda and even other "clear" sodas will also help to remove the stain. Pour it on a cloth and blot until the stain is lifted.