Ingredients:
Raw rice -1/2 kg,
Jaggery - 1/2 kg,
Sugar - 200g,
Milk -250 ml,
Fried cashew - as you wish,
Cardamom powder -1/2 spn.
Ghee - 100ml

Pressure cook the rice allow it to cool & then smash it fine by adding milk. Now add the jaggery (powdered) to it along with ghee, mix well and keep on stirring . Keep this on low flame and stir it on& of. Once the raw smell of jaggery goes off add sugar to it & mix well. Cook it for another 10 min on low flame. Finally add cardamom powder & garnish with fried cashews.
Your sweet pongal is ready :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

gkarti

Golden Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ahaa.. Morning ah Drooling Bhuvii Kaa ;) Semma! TFS :)

BTW Neenga Pic Upload Seithathum, Box la image vizhumla appo athai Double Click Seinga, appo oru Box appear aagum, athil full Size Option ah choose Pannitu OK Koduthaal, Image Enlarge aagidum.. :) Avlothan Simple Kaa :)

ahilanlaks

Ruler's of Penmai
Ahaa.. Morning ah Drooling Bhuvii Kaa ;) Semma! TFS :)

BTW Neenga Pic Upload Seithathum, Box la image vizhumla appo athai Double Click Seinga, appo oru Box appear aagum, athil full Size Option ah choose Pannitu OK Koduthaal, Image Enlarge aagidum.. :) Avlothan Simple Kaa :)

Thanks Karthi dear for your comments Hi 5

kasri66

Minister's of Penmai
Blogger
Nice pongal Bhuvana!

Normally I do sakkara pongal with Rice and Moongdal... this recipe of yours looks different...Will try....:thumbsup:thumbsup

ahilanlaks

Ruler's of Penmai
Nice pongal Bhuvana!

Normally I do sakkara pongal with Rice and Moongdal... this recipe of yours looks different...Will try....:thumbsup:thumbsup
Thank you @kasri66 ji :cheer:
Yeah this is my own style of preparation :) Do try it out you`ll definitely love the taste Hi 5