Save the girl child

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
baby.jpg

We Indians refer to the following to women ....

Rivers named after women,
Education provider called as Saraswathi
Riches provider as Lakshmi,
Land as - Poomi Thai or Annai Boomi
Last but not least - Country as Mother India

And we attribute our whole life to our mothers, celebrate sisterhood ( siblings or otherwise) in a traditional manner as Raksha Bandhan and it goes on and on.

While we are practicing the above we are not putting our eyes adequately of the growing trend of killing or abandoning the girl child.

We are talking about growth in all fields, India becoming a force of reckoning in all areas, India Shining and sooner or later India will become the most popular economy and country in the whole world, the irony is that we still are gender biased when it comes to new born.

The sad thing is that we use the development in technology to find most innovative ways to eliminate the girl child. I have seen newly married people talking to Doctors and asking what they should do to get a male child. I've heard that some ill-informed Male boast that a male child is symbol of their strength and fighting qualities....what a sad ignorance.

Though I don't want to share any disturbing statistics ...pl read the following

"United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) says that an Indian girl child aged 1-5 years is 75 percent more likely to die than an Indian boy child, making it the worst gender differential in child mortality for any country in the world." This sentence appeared in an article titled as - India most dangerous place in the world for female child. More than 5,00,000 girl children are killed in India every year before the step into this world. If this is so imagine what happens to the so called unfortunate ones who are born.

girlbaby1.jpg

Still most people feel that a girl s child is a liability and not an asset. Let me share my personal experience. When I gave birth to my second daughter, out of sheer stupidity I started feeling sad that I could not get a boy child which I wanted. I kept this sorrow within myself and my blood pressure short up considerably from the first day of my delivery.

Seeing my sufferings my MIL sat next to me and discussed what could be the reason for my BP going erratic. I shared my feelings with her and she spent quality time with me explaining that there is no difference and you have got two goddesses with you for the rest of your life. The same was shared to my husband and he said that the child is ours and irrespective of their gender they will add good value and color to our life. This cleared my worries and to my surprise my BP became stable the very next day.

Let us look at all the successful women we have come across and make ourselves clear that there is no difference between male and female child.

Through this thread I request all our friends to share their views on this subject and about the most successful women we know....

As women we need to take a huge step in spreading the above.....let us start now...

Last edited:

dayamalar

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Re: The precious girl child

hi uma nice thread :thumbsup...........
thevaiyana visyam nama nattuku..........

suganthiramesh

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger

daughters-quotesgraphics-10.jpg.jpg

Here i am sharing a true incident which was in the news channels.

source:sparking dawn.com

Baby Girls Extermination in India: Over 10 Million killed in a decade. The heart ails as blood tears roll down the cheeks. A stigma on mankind, disgusting, disgraceful, shameful, inhuman.

Atrociously injured in the head, burnt with cigarettes, having her neck dislocated, her little arms fractured and bitten severely on her body, a three-month-old baby, Neha Afreen succumbed to death due to a cardiac arrest.

Brought to a hospital in Bangalore in a very critical state, the child was suffering from internal bleeding and convulsions. In spite of the laudable efforts of the doctors the little angel passed away.

neha-afreen-died-3-months-after-torture.png
The reason she was killed by her very own father is just because she was born a girl.

This barbaric act has created immense rage and anger over the whole nation. The consequence of brutally battering the defenseless and harmless little being has awakened many thoughts challenging the legal system in India, demanding the hardest penalty, capital punishment for the father.

The dreadful case has brought forward the sorrowful fate of over 10 million girls who have either been aborted as feotuses or murdered after birth during the past decade in India. Babies are killed before even neighbors acknowledge their existence.

A survey in India in 2011 shows the alarming decline in the number of girls compared to boys.

Last edited:

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai

hi uma nice thread :thumbsup...........
thevaiyana visyam nama nattuku..........
Antha paper cutting paarthaya manasukku remba kastama irunthathuda athu thaan naama yen ithai ellar kodayum share panna koodathunu potten

neeyum unakku therincha awareness yeppudi pannarathu illati ethavathu mabasa pahthicha nigalchiya inga share pannuda

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai

View attachment 60337

Here i am sharing a true incident which was in the news channels.

Baby Girls Extermination in India: Over 10 Million killed in a decade. The heart ails as blood tears roll down the cheeks. A stigma on mankind, disgusting, disgraceful, shameful, inhuman.

Atrociously injured in the head, burnt with cigarettes, having her neck dislocated, her little arms fractured and bitten severely on her body, a three-month-old baby, Neha Afreen succumbed to death due to a cardiac arrest.

Brought to a hospital in Bangalore in a very critical state, the child was suffering from internal bleeding and convulsions. In spite of the laudable efforts of the doctors the little angel passed away.

View attachment 60338
The reason she was killed by her very own father is just because she was born a girl.

This barbaric act has created immense rage and anger over the whole nation. The consequence of brutally battering the defenseless and harmless little being has awakened many thoughts challenging the legal system in India, demanding the hardest penalty, capital punishment for the father.

The dreadful case has brought forward the sorrowful fate of over 10 million girls who have either been aborted as feotuses or murdered after birth during the past decade in India. Babies are killed before even neighbors acknowledge their existence.

A survey in India in 2011 shows the alarming decline in the number of girls compared to boys.

Suga

this is ridiculous all men's mother is a women and his wfe also women but he dont want girl baby

intha maathiri avan wifeoda appa nenachiruntha...????

suganthiramesh

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger

Suga

this is ridiculous all men's mother is a women and his wfe also women but he dont want girl baby

intha maathiri avan wifeoda appa nenachiruntha...????
the way he killed the baby was very arrogant uma... that baby died three months after torture... evlo kashtapattirukkum... ivlo arakathanamaana aalungalukku severe and cruel punishments kandippaa kidaikkanum.... summaa jail la podrathu mattum pathaathu...

lavanyap

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger

intha maathiri incidents ellaam paakum pothu romba manasukku kashtamaathaan irukku.... innum oru silarukku girl baby vendaam ra mentality thaan irukku... ithellaam eppo thaan maarapogutho theriyala...:eek:h:

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai

the way he killed the baby was very arrogant uma... that baby died three months after torture... evlo kashtapattirukkum... ivlo arakathanamaana aalungalukku severe and cruel punishments kandippaa kidaikkanum.... summaa jail la podrathu mattum pathaathu...

Ammampa arab countries la pannara maathiri nadu roadla nikka vechu kallala adikkanum pa

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai

intha maathiri incidents ellaam paakum pothu romba manasukku kashtamaathaan irukku.... innum oru silarukku girl baby vendaam ra mentality thaan irukku... ithellaam eppo thaan maarapogutho theriyala...:eek:h:
Correct lavan manasukku evvalavu kastama irukku naama ponna irunthitte innoru ponna vendamnu sollarathu entha vagaila gnayamnu theriyala da

lavanyap

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger

Correct lavan manasukku evvalavu kastama irukku naama ponna irunthitte innoru ponna vendamnu sollarathu entha vagaila gnayamnu theriyala da
aama uma... ithellaam paakum pothu namma konjam luckyonu thonuthu.