Shall I drink cold water???

Hi All... Good evening... I am latha house wife... It is my forth month of pregnancy. do i drink cold water during this time? my mil adviced to me to not drink chilled water. is it harm to my baby if i drink cold water?

rameshshan

Commander's of Penmai
Congrats Latha for rejoicing the motherhood.

Drinking cold water actually senses a quick reflux from the baby & u can feel it in the coming months,moreover it is not actually harm.

But the reason behind ur MIL might have said for the reason that, if u got cold/cough/ any other ailment coz of the cold water, that will certainly have an impact on the baby.

Otherwise the baby will love it. Taking cold water at times is ok, but not to consume more often.

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
Taking cold water does not do any harm,provided the water is filtered properly. If you really want to drink cold water you can chill the boiled water. Since it is cold season, and your immunity will also be very low during pregnancy, you will catch cold easily. You cannot take any medicines for the cold coz you are pregnant. If you contract any viral fever, then it really harms baby's development as these are the months the baby gets developed very fast. The brain development, physical development, lung development will be in full swing..
and also if you contract cold and the phlegm stays in your lungs will take you to pneumonia sometimes during labor and delivery..

Its just that you cannot trust the water as its rainy season.

Dear Latha,

Drinking cold water does not harm your baby in any way. But with the weather change and other causes if you develop a sore throat, a cold, a viral infection it will be painful for you and because of your pregnancy there will be restrictions on the intake of medications which will delay your recovery.

So do what’s best for you and take care.

Take care…

---Rakhi

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.