shocking news about baby carrots....

swaga2008

Commander's of Penmai
Blogger
374556_10151158186654094_1919783784_n.jpg

i am not sure this baby carrot is available in india...real shock for me, bec i always buy this baby carrots..........

Baby Carrots:
The following is information from a farmer who grows and packages carrots for IGA, METRO, LOBLAWS, etc.

The small cocktail (baby) carrots you buy in small plastic bags are made using the larger crooked or deformed carrots which are put through a machine which cuts and shapes them into cocktail carrots - most people probably know this already.

What you may not know and should know is the following:
Once the carrots are cut and shaped into cocktail carrots they are dipped in a solution of water and chlorine in order to preserve them (this is the same chlorine used in your pool).

Since they do not have their skin or natural protective covering, they give them a higher dose of chlorine.

You will notice that once you keep these carrots in your refrigerator for a few days, a white covering will form on the carrots. This is the chlorine which resurfaces. At what cost do we put our health at risk to have esthetically pleasing vegetables?

Chlorine is a very well-known carcinogen, which causes Cancer. I thought this was worth passing on. Pass it on to as many people as possible in hopes of informing them where these carrots come from and how they are processed.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear Swathi, thank you for sharing such an important information.

sumathisrini

Silver Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
அடச்சை... டூத் பேஸ்ட் ல ஆரம்பிச்சு மளிகை சாமான், காய்கறிகள் இப்படி எல்லாத்துலேயும் கலப்படம். உண்ணும் உணவே மருந்து என்ற காலம் போய் உண்ணும் உணவே விஷம் என்று சொல்லும் அளவுக்கு வந்து விட்டது... 810.gif கடவுள் தான் நம்மையெல்லாம் காப்பாத்தணும் :pray1:.

swaga2008

Commander's of Penmai
Blogger
very useful info swathi sister thanks for sharing.
u r welcome kani..

really shocking swathi.................thanks for sharing da.......
yes viji, big shock fr me too...u r welcome dear..

Dear Swathi, thank you for sharing such an important information.
u r welcome sumitra..

Oh my God! Thanks for sharing Swathi:thumbsup
u r welcome suji..

அடச்சை... டூத் பேஸ்ட் ல ஆரம்பிச்சு மளிகை சாமான், காய்கறிகள் இப்படி எல்லாத்துலேயும் கலப்படம். உண்ணும் உணவே மருந்து என்ற காலம் போய் உண்ணும் உணவே விஷம் என்று சொல்லும் அளவுக்கு வந்து விட்டது... View attachment 95609 கடவுள் தான் நம்மையெல்லாம் காப்பாத்தணும் :pray1:.
yes sumi ka, enna than sapidarathu..

Uffff.. Ithullayum ah?? Thanks for Sharing Suvi!!
hmm amam karthi, ithulayum than...enga veetu fridge la 2 pocket baby carrot vachu irukean, nethea trash panitean....ivlo nal sapitu irukom atha than..

Really shocking news swathi sis...........

Thanks for sharing........
amam divi, u r welcome divi..

saravanakumari

Commander's of Penmai
really shocking news swathi...............

thanks for info da