Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!

Penmai

admin@penmai.com
Staff member
Administrator
Dear friends,

The festival season is just commenced with Vinayakar Chaturthi, and now Navarathri adds colours to the season. Navarathri - 9 Colourful Holy Nights.

How can we miss the contest? Lets celebrate it with Penmai.com's Special contest...

To participate in the contest all you need to do is to post the picture of the Kolu you created in your home before October 31st, 2012. You can also participate on behalf of your friends or neighbors, but don't forget to mention their names.

Winner will get attractive prize from Penmai. And also their Kolu pictures will be published in the Penmai's eMagazine.

Note:

1. Have to post minimum 3 pictures (one in the front view and the other two in side views), Maximum 10 photos are allowed. To know how to add image, pls check here.
  2. Photos quality should be good.
  3. Photos should not be taken from any other websites nor published in other sites.
  4. If possible give the description of the Golu and what you had done in those Navarathri Nights.

Adhidhi

Commander's of Penmai
Ilavarasi Mam This is very good idea for the contest.. i will try to take pics of my aunty kolu and will post here...

harsne

Friends's of Penmai
hi all,
Really superb idea..No practice of keeping kolu in our family.so waiting to see others kolu pictures..apdiyae athoda history lam sollunga pa..waiting eagerly..

001.jpg

003.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Respected Sir/ Madam,
This is to register for golu competition in chennai. we have established a theme golu with three different themes.
1. marriage set up to show different functions in amrriage.
2. village elaborate set-up
3. folk tales of the world.
along with this, the tradionational 5 step golu.
Please see the pictures attached.
Regards
Dhivya Rajprasad

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC03273.JPG

DSC03281.JPG

DSC03291.JPG

DSC03300.JPG

DSC03297.JPG

Hi all,
Attached are the images of the golu that i have kept in my residence.Apart from the traditional 5 step golu,i have kept a theme golu titled women where ini have shown different stages that today's women go through from birth,name keeping ceremony,ear piercing,starting to play,going to school,attaing age,going to college,going to wor,marriage,getting pregnant.i have given messages against female foeticide.on the other hand i have differentiated against city and village life.I have also made an image of durga.

hopeu all like it.
regards,
priya viswanath.

Last edited by a moderator: