STD panel test in - How to ask spouse?

My marriage was fixed with a guy, he is not our relative, got profile from websites. He is working in foreign. I want to do STD panel test in India for my spouse. Even i too ready for that, but don't know how to ask this to him. need help in this issue. i don't want to hurt him or his family, but for the safety i need this.

RathideviDeva

Minister's of Penmai
Blogger
@suganthi karuna
This is a very sensitive issue. Our society is not yet broadminded to accept this. Is your family ok with this?

First can you talk to a medical professional about this STD. You need to check if your fears are valid, before you go overboard. Get more details and know if it can be transmitted by any other means other sex, like improper medical handling, etc,. Also ask if there is a valid reason that can be given, that doesn't hurt grooms dignity. If that doctor gives a real life example, just use that and thru a mediator you can achieve your goal.

For eg., for AIDS it could be transmitted to an innocent thru blood transfer from infected person, during a medical emergency. This is such a case of human negligence, with is not that persons mistake. This is a real life example, i read it in a magazine, which covered the suffering of that persons deserted wife and kids. So you need such real life example to justify your fears to groom.

Also first the groom needs to be convinced before his family. Because it would be much better if he can convince his family , rather than an outsider.

Best wishes for your happy married life.

Last edited:

Yaazhini15

Friends's of Penmai
Hi Suganthi,

Our country peoples has not this much broad minded.

So here is a way. You can go to Premarital counseling center. The counseling includes these medical verification too. So there will be no problem or guilty feeling.

But choose the center which has this medical verification, don't just go there are centers which provides only psychological guidance.

Happy married life! All the best

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Suganthi,

Our country peoples has not this much broad minded.

So here is a way. You can go to Premarital counseling center. The counseling includes these medical verification too. So there will be no problem or guilty feeling.

But choose the center which has this medical verification, don't just go there are centers which provides only psychological guidance.

Happy married life! All the best
Wonderful suggestion @Yaazhini15 . Haven't heard about these centers with these verification.

This seems to be the best option for Suganthi's query, provided the bride groom also accepts without fussing.