storing breast milk

I have a close friend who have a kid of 6 months old. now she is in the situation of going to job, but she don't know how to store breast milk and give to the baby.

1. How much time the squeezed milk can be stored in refrigerator.
2. How to give the milks after storage.

narayani80

Commander's of Penmai
storing breast milk

1. How much time the squeezed milk can be stored in refrigerator.
If it is stored in refrigerator you can store for 2-3 days also. But since she is going to job she can store and give it daily!!!

2. How to give the milks after storage.
Just take small quantity of milk from refrigerator in a silver container. Heat up a pan of water on the stove. Remove the pan from the heat and place the container into the warm water. Never warm the container directly on the stove. Shake the milk, then test it on your wrist to see if it's warm enough for your baby.

hope this helps you...

Use sterilised container for storing breast milk.The best choices are plastic bottles or plastic breastmilk bags.Glass containers are not recommended.

Wow, that's really a nice and useful information for many people who are looking for storing the breast milk..You must breastfeed your baby at regular intervals of about three to four hours once during both day and night.

I never recommend to store breast milk. Suggestion is welcome otherwise. Scientifically it is possible to store breast milk but I think stored milk will lose some necessary energy.

In my personnel experience and based on scientific evidences breast milk can be stored at room temperature for 8 hours and if refrigerated for a week.

breastfeeding.asn.au/bf...ing-breastmilk

Last edited by a moderator: