thaali saradu thread or gold

friends, i know i am silly but i will be happy if i convince my mother in law. she is forcing me to wear saradu thread instead of gold. i am working in IT company, here in this culture it wont be suited well. though i said that she is saying that it is our tradition you should wear the saradu thread in yellow color not in gold.

how can i convince her without hurting? can i tell this to my husband and convince her with his son? or any ideas please.

i am newly married, in leave for nearly a month and joining company by next month.

priya ravi

Friends's of Penmai
Hello Showmiya

wearing in gold - looks good but prone to snatching issues unless u wear it thin and safe within collars..

wearing in thread - might not be preferable for some, but its safe to roam outside with that and when u maintain the thread yellow ( instead of stained yellow) along with simple chain, it would be pretty much decent..

wearing with both thread and gold - this is what most of the ladies do.. thin chain with hook loops tied to saradu thread.. its like half and half :)

Tradition is met and so is ur looks criteria.. Good Luck..