thila homam procedure

what is the procedure for doing thila homam?? i have pitru dosham when i searched in net i got this info.

Is that to be performed in Rameshwaram or Sethu karai??

tnkesaven

Yuva's of Penmai
performed in RAMANATHA SWAMI TEMPLE,RAMESHVARAM in tamil nadu ;SRI PARASURAMA TEMPLE,THIRUVANANTHAPURAM(KERALA),janardhana swami temple,varkala,and thinaavaya temple in malappuram

thila homam is performed where baltharpnam,pithru bali tharpanam and shraardham are offered

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Dear me.priya,

please click on the following penmai forum thread link and you will get the necessary details for your thila homam doubts.

Thila Homam Remedy for Pithru Dosha!!!!!!

If the details given in the above thread is found to be insufficient, please read the following details:

Tila Homam is a powerful Vedic ritual, performed to ward off difficulties arising out of Pithru Dhosham (Ancestor Doshas), which is the outcome of non performance of srardhams, and other rituals performed to propitiate our ancestors. Through this homam the pithrus are satisfied and they bestow their blessings not only on us but also on our children and grandchildren.

[h=3]Thila Homam Remedy for Pithru Dosha[/h]
What is Thila Homam - Tila Homam, also spelled Thila Homam, is a powerful Vedic ritual performed with ‘Til’ or ‘Ellu’ to get rid of the difficulties arising due to Pithru Dosha (Ancestor Dhosham). Homam or Havanam are Hindu ritual of offering holy materials to the Agni or fire while chanting mantras. Thilahomam is mainly performed after offering Bali Tharpanam to forefathers.

Reasons for Pitru Dosha

The main reasons for Pithru Dhosham (Pitru Dosha) are the non performances of srardhams and other rituals correctly to appease our ancestors. Similarly, Pitru Dosham may happen if anyone of the family members may have died in accidents or unnaturally and the departed soul does not get peace. According to various Purans, it is referred that if any ancestors up to the 4th generation on the mother’s side and up to the 7th generation on the father’s side may have died at an early age or have had an unnatural death, the currently generation may have been suffering from Pitru Dosha. And to remove this Pitru dosha we need to perform Bali Tharpanam and Thila Homam ritual correctly and satisfy our ancestors and obtain their blessings.

Temples Offering Thila Homam Poojas

Thila Homam is mainly offered in temples which offer Bali Tharpanam, Shradham, and Pithru Bali. Some famous temples where Pithru Dosha Parihara and Thila Homam can be done include Ramanathaswamy Temple in Rameswaram Tamil Nadu, Janardhana Swamy Temple in Varkala, and Thirunavaya Temple in Malappuram.

Thilahomam is a homam conducted with til "Ellu" in Tamil. Thilahomam is conducted to get rid of pitru dosha. Also, if anyone died unnaturally in your family also, this can be conducted. This should be done only once in a life time. This is normally done in Sethu not in Rameswaram. You can approach one Mr.TPR.Lakshmana Shastri in thiruppullani. He is the right person to guide you.
Contact No. of TPLS Lakshmana Shastri : ph:04567254261.

Pithru Dosham can be classifid in many ways; it is said that the curse of departed souls, when going against their will, curses the person who defies their wish. In the Brahmin community, this can be classified to failure of performing the rituals, that are basically part of their birth Karma to perform the Pithru Karmas. In astrological point, if the fifth & 10th house lords are ill placed and the running dasa being that of the ill placed planets, this combines the Pithru dosham. There are two places mentioned in the scriptures to weed off the Curse. One being Sethu known as Rameswaram or at ThiruppullaNi and the other being Sholinghur, known as Pithru Kshetram which is situated about 20 kms from Arakkonam in Tamilnadu. Performing a Thila Homam at the former place and offering Anna Dhanam at Sholinghur are the Pariharam stipulated. The effect of Pithru Dosham in some cases only temporal and can be ridden off by offerings and pariharms. Generally, if the Karma is not performed then it lasts for three generations.If a Thila Homam is performed at Sethu, then even the life time curse vanishes!

GayathriArun

Friends's of Penmai
Well explained Sumathi. You have mentioned that this procedure should be done only once in life time. My husband was also advised to do this. One priest did this homam for us in Perur Pateeswarar temple, Coimbatore. One of our family friend, he does face reading and palmistry. Everything he predicted for us had come true, he looked at my husband's hand before 6 months and said that he still has that pithru dosha and one of my husband's ancestor in blood relation is awaiting for peace and advised my husband to do this homam again since it was not done properly and suggested to do it again in thiruvananthapuram when we visit India next time. My question is, can we do this homam again.

sumitra

Ruler's of Penmai
Blogger
Well explained Sumathi. You have mentioned that this procedure should be done only once in life time. My husband was also advised to do this. One priest did this homam for us in Perur Pateeswarar temple, Coimbatore. One of our family friend, he does face reading and palmistry. Everything he predicted for us had come true, he looked at my husband's hand before 6 months and said that he still has that pithru dosha and one of my husband's ancestor in blood relation is awaiting for peace and advised my husband to do this homam again since it was not done properly and suggested to do it again in thiruvananthapuram when we visit India next time. My question is, can we do this homam again.
Hi Gayatri,

thanks for your comments.

You can approach one Mr.TPR.Lakshmana Shastri in thiruppullani. He is the right person to guide you. Ask him only whether you can perform thila homa for the second time in the life time of the particular individual.

I request you to not to rechristen my name as sumathi. i am sumitra only. thanks once again.

GayathriArun

Friends's of Penmai
Hi Gayatri,

thanks for your comments.

You can approach one Mr.TPR.Lakshmana Shastri in thiruppullani. He is the right person to guide you. Ask him only whether you can perform thila homa for the second time in the life time of the particular individual.

I request you to not to rechristen my name as sumathi. i am sumitra only. thanks once again.

Thanks for your reply and sorry madam to mention your name wrong. Its a mistake, sorry.

For tharpanam you also contact Mr. R.Vijaya sarathi ARCHAGAR iyengar performing pithuru thosam,thaRA thosam thiilaa Homam in THIRUPULANI,rameswar­­am(thanushkodi)and parihara homam like naga sarpa dosam, saptarishi,navagarah­­a Homam, etc... for all in their home and also in temples so kindly refer us for any homam, kalyanam,girahapirav­­esam,kumbabisegam further contact 9442084316(what up),7708542703,89034­­01310
sarathi2003@gmail.co­­m,and also share with UR friends and relationship
By Vijaysarathi.R (Archagar): திருமணம்,
கும்பா அபிஷேகம் ,
கிரஹ பிரவேசம் ,கணபதி ,நவகிரஹ,
சுதர்சனர்
தன்வந்திரி ,அயூஷ் ஹோமம்
மற்றும் பரிஹார பூஜைகள் ,
புன்னியவாசனம் , தெவசம் ,
வாஸ்து பூஜை ஹோமங்கள,எந்திரம் ,நூமரஜலி பெயர் , நல்ல முறையில் செய்து தரப்படும்
ர.விஜய் அய்யங்கார் 9442084316, 8903401310,

Please forward to all UR friends and relationship circle it may use to some one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thila Homa is done to forefathers and ancestors who died unnaturally or naturally. It is believed that they have a great impact on our lives and this is derived from what they undergo in hell or heaven. Thus, Thila Homa is saviour to your lives and the dead souls.

Important Announcements!

Type in Tamil

Click here to go to Google transliteration page. Type there in Tamil and copy and paste it.