As soon as the weather changes, whether from hot to cold or vice-versa, the problem of cough and cold becomes extremely prevalent. The worst part is that both cough and cold are highly contagious and can easily spread from one person to the other. Though cold does not require much medication on your hand, cough needs to be controlled in time, lest it gets out of hand. However, it is not necessary to pop-in pills for the same. You can take resort to natural treatments and be cured of the illness in no time at all. Read on to know how to get rid of persistent cough naturally.
Home Remedies for Cough
Home Remedies for Cough
- Take 1 tsp honey and put a few drops ginger juice in it, along with a pinch of freshly-ground pepper. Consume 2-3 times in a day.
- If the cough is not too severe, just taking ginger tea, 3-4 times a day, will bring relief.
- Red raspberry, honeysuckle and liquor ice tea have been found to provide relief from cough.
- Take 1 cup orange juice and put 2 tbsp honey in it. Drink the mixture 2-3 times in a day.
- Use baked onion juice, comfrey tea and honey for making a cough syrup. Take 1 tsp, 2-3 times in a day.
- Add a few drops of vodka or brandy to 1 tbsp honey. Drink this just before going to bed.
- Take 1 cup milk and heat it slightly. Now add 1-2 tsp pure turmeric powder to it and drink. Have twice daily.
- Take 1 cup warm water and put a pinch of salt in it. Now, gargle with this water atleast twice a day.
- Mix 5 ml onion juice and 10 ml pure honey. Drink this mixture atleast 2 times in a day.
- Fill a vessel, with a broad rim, with boiling water and put turmeric in it. Inhale the steam of this water, covering your face with a towel.
- Crush 2-3 garlic pods, along with some cloves. Add this to a glass of milk and boil it, till the milk gets reduced to half. Strain and add a bit of sugar. Drink twice daily.
- Chop up an onion and put it in a saucepan. Pour honey over it and keep the saucepan over low flame, for few minutes. Take some honey from it and allow it to be in your throat. Do not drink water for at least ½ hour.
- Taking powder of fried turmeric, along with honey, three times in a day, is said to be good for dry and frequent cough.
- Fry some cloves in butter or ghee. Put 2-3 sautéed cloves in your mouth and chew over them.
- Mix long pepper powder and rock salt, in equal quantities. Consume 1 gm of the mixture, twice a day, with hot water.
- Boil some garlic pieces in water. Strain the decoction and add some sugar, lemon and honey to it. Drink twice daily.