Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
- First of all we must be determined to remain slim and work towards it. Develop a mind set towards it.
- Set realistic goals.
- Make lifestyle changes like giving up alcohol, smoking, avoiding fatty food, refined food,...
- Include fresh foods as far as possible as processed foods tend to contain high level of salt and sugar.
- Do not expect immediate results.
- Never go for crash diets instead reduce weight gradually and slowly.
- Never skip meals as you tend to overeat, the next meal. Do not skip breakfast in particular.
- Have your last meal of the day, three hours before going to bed.
- Include lot of fiber in your diet as it gives a feeling of fullness, thereby preventing you from gorging spicy and fatty food.
- Eat slowly and chew your food well as it helps in digestion and also we tend to eat less.
- Nuts contain lot of fiber .They are satisfying and cause people to eat less at meal time.
- Take warm lime juice mixed with honey the first thing in the morning.
- Go for skimmed milk.
- As far as possible avoid weight loss supplements.
- When you have cravings for sweets, take a fruit instead.
- When you have cravings for certain type of food like chocolates or ice cream, once in a while, you can take in small quantities .
- Take fruits and vegetables which has lot of water content like watermelons, cucumbers and white pumpkin.
- Keep yourself engaged as boredom leads to overeating.
- Drink lot of water, at least 8 glasses per day.
- Use the stairs instead of lift. Park the car a little far away and walk to your office. Use every opportunity to be physically active.
- Walk, Walk and Walk as much as possible. Even if you are busy, go for walk at least 5 days a week.
- Aerobic exercise like jogging, swimming, cycling, running accelerates weight loss. Consult a physician before starting any weight loss program. Aerobic exercise combined with healthy eating will certainly help in weight reduction.
- Make your exercise session enjoyable.
- Keep yourself free of stress
- Finally, weight loss is a slow process, so do not get disappointed and give up.