- Dec 2, 2011
Travelling during Pregnancy
Generally, travelling during Pregnancy should be carried out with utmost care.
· It is not safe to travel during your first Trimester either by auto or by bus.
· Train and Air travel is also not recommended during this phase.
· If you would like to travel, you can travel in a car or in a bike, with your own driver, who drives the vehicle very very carefully and slowly, especially in the bumps.
· During this first Trimester, the womb will not be much stronger, so as to withstand any jerks. So, to avoid any miscarriages, the other mode of travelling must be avoided.
· The air travel during this time may be dangerous as the air pressure could affect the womb.
· All the travelling can be safe only during the second Trimester.
· If you need to travel by air, ie., if you are in abroad and would like to travel to your own country for the deliver, it is safe to travel only during this second Trimester.
· Even during this time, only when your doctor allows you to travel by air, you can.If she is restricting, please avoid the travel.
· Air travel is allowed only until 30 weeks of Pregnancy.
· Upto 36 weeks, you can travel by train or car after taking much care.
· For air travel, only women who doesn’t have the below are advised to travel, after the guidance of the doctor.
· She should not have Spotting, should not have severe diabetes, severe high blood pressure, Severe Morning sickness (hyperemises gravidarum) , previous miscarriage, previous pre-mature baby.
· While travelling by air, the security checking in the airport like screening will not affect the baby, as no x-ray is passed through the persons.