There are lots of varieties of makeup brushes available in the market now days. You can select from different brands, bristles, sizes, shapes, style and colors. Different brushes functions differently. There are different types of brushes that help to promote flawless makeup coverage.
Below are few essential types of makeup brushes and how to clean and care for them.
- Foundation Brush – They are generally with long and flat bristles. They are tapered at the end to provide maximum coverage while applying makeup.
- Powder Brush is also called round Brush. They are in fluffy round shape and provides even application. They are bushy in nature as it can cover a large area evenly at once. This kind of brush is used on whole face and neckline for dusting. You can use this brush while applying compact, golden dust or silver shimmer.
- Kabuki Brush are one of the most popular and professional brushes available. There bristles are packed into a circular base. Their main features are provide even coverage and are short handled.
- Blush Brush – Blush brushes are used to add colors onto your cheeks. They can be 1) large and fluffy blush 2) small brushes or 3) angled brushes. The ideal blush brush is of a dome shaped and not round or rectangular as dome shape is ideal to get that flush on your cheeks.
- Eyeshadow Brush is generally in smaller size. They are available in lot of variety and shapes. Eyeshadow brushes with long handle have more grip. For colors you can use blunt brush and to line the eyes pointy or angled are very popular. Angled eyeshadow brush doen’t give a patchy look and its application becomes easy.
- Lip Brushes are used to apply lip liner as well as lipstick. There is wide variety of lip brushed available. Gloss or liquid lip color can be applied directly with the applicator while a pointed brush is used to outline the lips.
- Run the makeup brush bristles under warm running water.
- Apply a small of soft liquid soap to bristles and rub lightly.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly and clean it gently until no color leaves the brush.
- Allow it to air-dry.