Upper abdominal pain in 5th month of pregnancy?

hi sisters.... This is my 5th month of pregnancy... I am getting severe pain in upper abdomen while walking and eating. I am not feeling this kind of pain while sleeping. but when i am trying to walk, i am getting severe pain. Why this is happening? is this common during this period? From 2 days before i am having this problem. what can i do for tis. shall i check with my gynec? do you guys have any suggestions for my prob.

rameshshan

Commander's of Penmai
Pain in the upper abdomen during pregnancy should always be checked with the Gynaec immediately.

That may be a normal pain due to dyspepsia (indigestion) or chance of GERD (reflux disorder), as for as pregnancy is concerned pain in lower abdomen is common coz of the baby's growth.

But if it is in upper abdomen...better go to ur Gynaec ASAP.

srathi

Commander's of Penmai
Blogger
hi kalai,

u mentioned that the pain is coming only when u r walking or eating .
If u have Gastric problem u will get pain in upper abdomen but better way to check with ur Gynae and clarify ur doubts .

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
Hi,
Upper abdomen pain may be caused by bloating, gas(as your stomach is stretching and baby is occupying the space),lactose intolerance that you could have developed during pregnancy, or any spicy food that is not suiting you now like you might have developed alerginess to some veggies, masalas.. etc... So go to gynec and check out. You an ask all the silly questions to the gynec.. never stop asking questions thinking that its silly.
Check with your gynec and ruleout any serious problems....
:)

Dear Kalai,

Any kind of pain in the abdomen should be intimated to the doctor for clearance.

Once your doctor says that this pain is not of any concern. Then to me it seems to be acidity and gas related problems. May be you have long gaps in between your meals which you need to reduce. Eat on time, eat frequently, and eat in moderation.

Take care…

---Rakhi