White Discharge During 5th month pregnancy.....

Dear Penmai members,

I am pregnant, this is my first pregnancy & i am in starting of my 5th month...last 15 days i am noticing white discharge of 2-3 drops in my inner wear....& also it is not regular......sometimes alternate days....or 2 days once...or 2times in a day....it is happening...whether it is ok...on this time period..to get this or i have to consult my doctor for further advice.

please help... i am scared..on this....

hi lakshmi me too pregnant now my dd is on feb 2013.

better consult with your doctor...

you don't want to worry if it is white discharge, but care should be taken to know that whether it is white discharge only or any leak in amniotic fluid.. so get consult with your gynec soon.

BTW when is your due date?

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
Hi lakshmi,
During the pregnancy, there will white/clear discharge thorugh out because of harmone changes. You should be warned when you have smelly,itchy yellow or green discharge which is the sign for infection. It is always safe to check with your gynec whether it is not any aminiotic fluid leak and also to rule out any infection.

Thanks mam, for the reply even then i went to check up with my doctor....doctor told us no need to worry....for discharge it is common.

nlakshmi

Minister's of Penmai
you are welcome... the dischargewill be through out the pregnancy... and in the last months of pregnancy, where its called release of the mucus plug when you are nearing your delivery date.So dont worry, unless you smelll foul odour or change of color to yellow or brown...
Thanks mam, for the reply even then i went to check up with my doctor....doctor told us no need to worry....for discharge it is common.

sowmyasri0209

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
you are welcome... the dischargewill be through out the pregnancy... and in the last months of pregnancy, where its called release of the mucus plug when you are nearing your delivery date.So dont worry, unless you smelll foul odour or change of color to yellow or brown...

Yeah its no need to worry if its without smell and if its of white....

If you use perfumed soap or scented bathroom tissue or if you have taken some antibiotics it may have altered your pH that might have led to vaginal discharge..

Use cotton underwear which helps the area breath and don't try to over clean.